ReviewsNo reviews yet
- Items of a personal nature
- Personal expenses such as table drinks, rooms services items, laundry, telephone calls at hotels or tips etc.
- Any additional expenses caused by or liability for a disturbance in the trip program due to our circumstances, weather conditions, sickness, natural disasters, riots etc.
- Liability for or insurance against injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods.
- Any Cargo and Shipment Charges (Import and Customs Clearance)
- Personal Belongings such as Sleeping Bags, walking sticks etc.
- Tips for guides, porters and cook
- Personal Hiking/Trekking gears (Some Gears are available for Rent)
- Snacks & personal medicine
- Optional tours (Short safari after climb can be arranged with extra cost.
DAY 01: ARRIVAL AT KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (JRO) – MOSHI Elevation: 894M/ 880m - Distance: 40 km
DAY 02: MOSHI – MARANGU GATE – MANDARA HUT Elevation: 1,900M to 2,700M - Distance: 8 km - Hiking Time: 4-5 hours - Habitat: Montane Forest
DAY 03: MANDARA HUT – HOROMBO HUT Elevation: 2,700M to 3,700M - Distance: 11 km - Hiking Time: 5-6 hours - Habitat: Heath and Moorland
DAY 04: HOROMBO HUT (3,700M) - ZEBRA ROCKS (3,980M) - HOROMBO HUT (4,700M) Elevation: 3,700M to 4,700M - Distance: 4 km - Hiking Time: 1-2 hours - Habitat: Heath and Moorland
DAY 05: HOROMBO HUT (3,700M) - KIBO HUT (4,700M) Elevation: 3,700M to 4,700M - Distance: 9 km - Hiking Time: 6-7 hours - Habitat: Alpine Desert
Once you finish your breakfast, you will get ready for a tough hike to the Kibo Hut standing at a towering elevation of 4,700m. Kibo Hut is generally used by the team of hikers as a resting place before their journey to the summit. On your journey to the Kibo Hut located on the eastern side of Kibo Volcanic Cone, the vegetation area would suddenly change into a mostly flat and barren alpine desert region. You will also pass through the famous ‘last waterpoint area’ – which is a large plateau located between Mawenzi and Kibo peak.
Somewhere around 6-7 hours, you will reach the Kibo Hut campsite area and fall into your bunk beds after having dinner. Because tomorrow, you will have to get ready to make an early morning hike towards the summit, somewhere around 23:00 hr.
Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner