ReviewsNo reviews yet
Fairy Queen will take you on a journey of your lifetime. Enjoy the enchanting Rajasthan on the oldest working broad gauge steam locomotive in the world. The train will stop at every major destination and the ambiance of it will provide you an excellent opportunity to feel like a maharaja as you travel through the royal land. 1855, The year when the majestic Fairy Queen rolled out for the erstwhile East Indian Railway.
For the first time after 1908, the Fairy Queen rolled again on Feb. 1st, 1997 from Delhi to Alwar. The steam engine is the oldest working engine in the world. Finding its pride of place in the Guinness Book of World Records and also capturing the National Tourism Award, this prestigious pristine beauty that graces the National Rail Museum, New Delhi, is steaming once again.
The Queen, with the privileged ones aboard reaches the picturesque town of Alwar in Rajasthan the same day, from where the guests are taken to Sariska Tiger Reserve for an overnight stay. Indian Railways proudly offer a unique two days all-inclusive package combining thrill, romance, wildlife, and steam heritage on the Fairy Queen.
The Fairy Queen has a 60-seater air-conditioned chair car specially designed with a large glass window from where you can have a frontal view of the Locomotive, besides there is a well-maintained pantry car for onboard catering. As an added attraction, the coach has a beautiful lounge in the front, which provides a scenic view of the countryside.
For your enjoyment, numerous cultural programs are organized on the evening of the first day at the Hotel Sariska Palace. The 60 select guests will certainly go back with fond memories of a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Go ahead and book your journey back in time.
DAY 1: DELHI - ALWAR (SATURDAY)
- 09.00 hrs : Traditional Reception - Delhi Cantt. Station
- 10.00 hrs : Fairy Queen off to Tiger Country
- 15.00 hrs : Arrival Alwar Station. Traditional Rajasthani Reception. Welcome drinks.
- 15.15 hrs : Departure Alwar Station by A/c Bus
- 15.45 hrs : Evening at Hotel lake Palace, Siliserh
- 18.45 hrs : Departure for Tiger Den at Sariska
- 20.00 hrs : Traditional welcome at Tiger Den-Sariska Cultural Programme & Dinner.
DAY 2: ALWAR - DELHI (SUNDAY)
- 07.00 hrs : Departure for Tiger Sanctuary on Jeeps
- 09.00 hrs : Breakfast at Tiger Den
- 11.15 hrs : Departure for Alwar / Alwar Museum
- 13.00 hrs : Fairy Queen leaves Alwar welcome drink lunch, light refreshment on board
- 18.30 hrs : Fairy Queen arrives Delhi Cantt.